Climate of Kathmandu, Nepal Average Weather
- Kathmandu, nepal, 27°42'N, 85°22'E, 1337 m (4386 ft)
- Kathmandu has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with dry winters, hot summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Kathmandu is close to the subtropical wet forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 18.3 degrees Celsius (64.9 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1343 mm (52.9 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 2556 hours.
- If Kathmandu were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Lhasa, Tibet, China - 603.4 kms (375 miles) ENE
- Darbhanga, India - 178.5 kms (110.9 miles) SSE
- Guwahati, India - 641.5 kms (398.7 miles) ESE
- Cherrapunji, India - 689.6 kms (428.5 miles) ESE
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India - 689.6 kms (428.5 miles) ESE
- Dumka, India - 425.6 kms (264.5 miles) SSE
- Dhaka, Bangladesh - 686 kms (426.3 miles) SE
- Kolkata/ Calcutta, India - 647.4 kms (402.3 miles) SSE
- Chittagong, Bangladesh - 881.9 kms (548.1 miles) SE
- Bhubaneshwar, India - 829.8 kms (515.6 miles) S